September 30, 2020
Summer is the season that I always look forward to since I was a kid. It’s such a great time to experience childhood and learn to be creative to cure boredom. But sometimes, I find myself completely at a loss for how to use my time. Maybe because of too many options to even begin with. So, if you are looking for ideas to keep yourself entertained this summer, I got you covered! I came up with a list of fun activities for you to have a good time without leaving your house.
1. Bake, bake, bake! If you’re a fan of baked goods, it’s great to explore baking this summer. You can take advantage of all the delightful flavors and vibrant colors of the season. Who doesn’t want to eat bread, cakes, and cookies, right? Store-bought goodies contain too much preservatives and fake ingredients. So if you want to indulge, do it right!
2. Binge-watching a show is always a comforting fallback, be it a drama, rom-com, or reality shows. Turning to any streaming service like Netflix is a clear option. There’s always a show to binge-watch, old or new regardless of the service you’re subscribed to.
You can also make it more fun by downloading the Netflix Party extension to watch your favorite series or movies with friends or partners at the same time.
3. Playing video games is another option to pass the time this summer. In addition to the games you might already have on your PlayStation or Xbox, there are other ways to play.
If you’re looking for a new gaming experience, playing FREE online video games is worth trying out. plays.org offers free and fun online games which can quickly be played from your browser. The thinking behind this site was since so many people are stuck at home during rolling lockdowns, they want to add a bit of joy to our lives.
This reminds me so much of my childhood! They currently have around 100 games and try to publish at least 1 or 2 additional games every day. Some of my favorites are Princess Goldblade and the Dangerous Waters, Neon Invaders, Open Restaurant, and Tap Supermarket Grocery Store Simulation Game.
4. Read something new. If you’re like me, you have more than enough books on your shelves to keep you busy this summer. There are also ways to download free eBooks to your tablet, computer, or phone.
5. Draw or Paint. If you are artistically inclined, let your creative ideas flourish! If you don’t think you possess the skills, don’t worry! You can join an online art class where you can try painting, mixed media, fiber arts, clay, and more! You will dive more deeply into various mediums to immerse yourself in a week of creativity.
6. DIY projects! Did you know that Pinterest can keep you entertained with its aesthetically pleasing pictures and help you be creative? While some projects might require stuff that you don’t have on hand, you might find supplies after you organize that overflowing closet. It will be a fun activity, and you can find a project for anyone!